The Jacur family, a wealthy Paduan Jewish banker family, revolutionized the town planning of the city of Salzano and introduced an industrial activity of considerable importance for the population: the spinning mill.
Moisè Vita Jacur (1797-1877) financier from Padua, co-founder of Assicurazioni Generali of Trieste, owner of a bank and owner of a commercial center, in 1847 bought the eighteenth-century villa of Salzano Dona 'Romanin-Jacur, succeeding the Venetian patrician family of the Donà delle Rose of Santa Fosca, who had it built to spend the summer holidays.
Moisè Vita Jacur arranged the farms, the villa and contributed to the formation of an English garden that still largely exists. He married one of his three daughters, Anna Corona Jacur, to Moisè Salomone Romanin with the agreement to continue the family with the name of Romanin-Jacur.
One of the couple's children, Leone Jachia Romanin-Jacur (1847-1928), graduated in engineering and mathematics, open to nineteenth-century innovations, was commissioned in 1871 by his maternal grandfather Moisè Vita to design the spinning mill in the best way allowed by the state of 'art. Grandfather would have provided the necessary capital.
The complex of the Salzano spinning mill was thus carefully studied by Leone who made trips to Lombardy and Piedmont, at the time at the forefront of this kind of plant, to learn the best of the reeling technique. In particular, the spinning room was equipped with a special and innovative air exchange system that solved the serious problem of fumes very well: the annoying condensation of the water that evaporated from the reeling trays and which, in the cold months, prevented to see a few meters inside the reeling room. The new ventilation method devised was illustrated by Leone Romanin-Jacur in 1874 at the Patavina Academy of Sciences, Letters and Arts with a very detailed report. It was then adopted by numerous other spinning mills in Veneto, Lombardy and Piedmont; this innovation in 1876 also earned the silver medal at the International Exhibition in Brussels.
Leone Romanin-Jacur, in addition to being the founder and owner of the Romanin-Jacur spinning mill in Salzano, has held numerous political positions, Municipal and Provincial Councilor of Padua, Deputy of the Chamber several times from 1880 to 1913, Senator of the Republic from 1920 as well as important roles as president, director and shareholder in numerous Paduan institutions. Finally, he was a founding member of the Veneto Tridentine Society (10 September 1872) and was a member of the Royal Commission in charge of preparing a bill for the conservation of the Venetian lagoon (1894 - 1896).