On the ground floor of the building, near the ticket office, it is possible to visit a courtyard that contains a true well masterpiece of 1427 by the sculptor Bartolomeo Bon and in the atrium an elegant mosaic that incorporates the mosaics of the Basilica of San Marco.
There is a marble representing an angel holding the coat of arms of the Contarini family, previous owners of the house.
Characteristic is the external staircase with pointed arches and adorned with a marble railing resulting from the work of Matteo Raverti. It was demolished during the nineteenth century and refurbished by Baron Franchetti recovering the original pieces.
There is also a portico next to the courtyard in which there are sculptures of great value while in the short arm there is the commemorative inscription where the ashes of Giorgio Franchetti are placed.
The museum contains the art collection that Baron Giorgio Franchetti donated to the state since 1916.
Inside, there are works that come from most of the places of worship and convents suppressed after the fall of the Serenissima, Venetian painting made between the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries including the famous work by Andrea Mantegna "San Sebastiano" and to these are added masterpieces of the Tuscan and Flemish school.