The entrance to the field in the direction of San Provolo is noteworthy for its late-Gothic portal (built by the Bon school), decorated with bas-reliefs depicting San Zaccaria (above) and the Virgin and Child flanked by San Giovanni Battista and San Marco.
The field can also be accessed from the San Zaccaria sotoportego (in the direction of the Riva degli Schiavoni); according to popular narrative, that was the point where the Doge Pietro Tradonico, who went to the church of San Zaccaria for the annual visit, was assassinated by a group of supporters of the party in favor of the Franks.
The camp was an important religious center as it housed the aforementioned church and convent, the school of San Zaccaria and the ancient convent of the Benedictine nuns dating back to 829 (today it is the seat of the provincial command of the carabinieri). The high concentration of religious elements gave rise to a strict regulation testified by the epigraph visible at number 4697: in fact, games were forbidden, to soil the ground and any act over the lines for which very severe penalties were foreseen, moreover it seems that every evening the two entrances to the field were closed by two doors. Despite this rigidity, there were many rumors about the costumes of the nuns of the church of San Zaccaria, especially for the so-called parlor, a real place for parties and meetings, so much so that even puppet shows were said to take place.
At the center of the field there is a real Istrian stone well dating back to the end of the 15th century; it belonged to an antique dealer to which it was later seized to be placed in its current position around 1930.