Venipedia®

The sign of the Scuola Grande of San Rocco

Scuola Grande di San Rocco

The school was built near the Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari church to the wishes of the confraternity, who found that the little school (scoletta) built by Bartolomeo Bon in 1489 had become inadequate. The...

Enciclopedia

Scuola Grande Santa Maria dei Carmini

The Carmini School was established in 1594, precisely on 1 March. It was "baptized" Confraternita sive scola di laity under the name of the Glorious Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel by Bernardin Soardi, fabric manufacturer...

Enciclopedia

Scuola Grande Santa Maria della Misericordia

Located along the Fondamenta de la Misericordia, in the Cannaregio district, it is connected to the ancient School and to the Church of Santa Maria Valverde or Santa Maria della Misericordia by the bridge of the same...

Enciclopedia

Scuola Vecchia Santa Maria della Misericordia

The School owes its name to the Confraternity of Mercy which settled in the area starting from 1308. The number of the faithful expanded to the point that, after only two years, they began to found their own spaces for...

Enciclopedia

Detail of the main facade of the castle of Thiene (Marco Trevisan, Bazzmann / Venipedia)

Thiene Castle

Palazzo Porto-Colleoni-Thiene, commonly known under the name of Castello di Thiene, was built in 1450 at the behest of Francesco Porto, a member of one of the wealthiest families in the Vicenza area, for the storage of...

Enciclopedia

The Clock Tower

Torre dell'Orologio

Located to the right of the St Mark’s Basilica and overlooking the lagoon, the Clock tower was once the entrance door to the Mercerie, an area for all types of trading that led up to Rialto, the banking center...

Enciclopedia

Villa Donà Romanin-Jacur

Strange as it may seem, there is very little certain information about the villa: the date of construction is unknown, the architect is unknown, and the events are nebulous. It was almost certainly commissioned by...

Enciclopedia

Villa Erizzo

When it was built, in the second half of the eighteenth century, Villa Erizzo was located on the edge of the ancient village of Rosa, on a property that included the current via Cappuccina and via Piave, on the east...

Enciclopedia

Villa Pisani

The monumental complex is composed of a long central block with three floors with C-shaped wings on two levels and a green area of ​​about 10 hectares surrounded by walls. The façade of the main block is made up of...

Enciclopedia

Villa Querini

Eighteenth-century Venetian villa located at the confluence of via Verdi and via Circonvallazione. Luigi Brunello - historian of Mestre, was co-founder and president of the Centro Studi Storici of Mestre -, according...

Enciclopedia

Villa Settembrini

Villa Settembrini is located in the center of Mestre, has a service building and a park-garden that welcomes those who enter from its entrance gate. It was declared “Villa Veneta” by Decree of the Minister of Public...

Enciclopedia

Ville Hériot

With the Napoleonic expropriation of the possessions of the monasteries, the destination of most of the "liberated" land changed to industrial; many factories were built next to the older ones: construction sites,...

Enciclopedia